@ Music Chapel – Session 2020-2021
Applications for the academic year 2021-2022 are now open till November 30th 2020.
DVD Program and Audition Program: all candidates must participate in the DVD preselection.
Conditions and application form (click on the links below):
Canceled! Violin Auditions – Augustin Dumay
‼️ [Covid-19] Auditions in Tokyo with Augustin Dumay canceled.
We regret to inform you that the auditions in Tokyo with Augustin Dumay for the academic year 2020-2021, taking place on April 13-14, have been officially suspended.
The Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel will keep the candidates informed of any postponement of these auditions to a later date.
Auditions for Academic Year 2020-2021 – Asia (Tokyo)
1. Deadline: 15.03.2020
2. Repertoire requirements:
- Mozart: a concerto for violin, 1st movement
- Bach: Adagio (Grave) & Fugue
- one virtuoso piece of your choice
3. Documents to provide:
- Application Form correctly filled in and in word or pdf format
- Links to your audio-visual recording (must be uploaded via an internet link such as youtube)
- Repertoire list
- Copy of passport
- Copy of the proof of payment of 50€ for Pre-Selection
4. Application fee:
- 50€ for DVD Pre-Selection (all candidates)
- 50€ for Live Audition (to be paid before the Live Audition for the selected candidates)
- Account name: Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel
IBAN: BE64 3100 1847 5152 – BIC: BBRUBEBB – Account number: 310-0184751-52
ING Banque – Avenue Marnix 24 – 1000 Bruxelles
Live-Audition in Tokyo will be in 2 rounds:
1. First round – Live-audition for the selected candidates amongst the pre-selection only:
Date: 13.04.2020 @ Salon Concert Tour Yamaha – Tokyo Ginza
Repertoire requirements: The jury will select several parts on the day of the Audition:
For Artist in Residence
- One sonata or partita for solo violin by J.S. Bach
- Any concerto by W.A. Mozart
- A piece of works by N. Paganini, H. Vieuxtemps, H. Wieniawski or E. Ysaÿe
- A piece of your choice (between 20 and 25 minutes)
2. Second round – Masterclass with Augustin Dumay for the selected candidates amongst the first round:
Date: 14.04.2020@ Grand Studio at Yamaha Artist Services – Tokyo Ginza
Repertoire requirements: To be determined – for more info, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
- The audition is open to violinists of any nationality.
- Age limit: 27 years old or under on the day of the audition
APPLICATION: Application must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org