MuCH for Schools
Offer your class the opportunity to discover the Music Chapel!
Since 1939, the Music Chapel has been training young people for the fine job of a musician. Located in the heart of the Forêt de Soignes, on the edge of Waterloo, it has long kept its secrets – but has recently opened up to the general public. Public courses, concerts, activities, artists’ homes: there is a lot to discover!
For an extraordinary school excursion, make an appointment with the Music Chapel, and open with your students the doors of this high place in Belgian musical history.
Your visit includes*:
– 09:00 Arrival at the Music Chapel
– 09:15 > 09:35 Documentary film on Queen Elizabeth: “Elizabeth’s legacy” by Nicolas Delvaulx
– 09:35 > 10:15 Presentation of the life of the Chapel: What does it take to become a great soloist?
– 10:15 > 10:45 Snack in the park
– 10:45 > 11:30 Guided tour of the old building built by Queen Elizabeth, as well as the Launoit Wing and its technological features!
– 11:30 > 12:15 And to conclude, a magnificent interactive concert: listen to an artist in residence for a work of his choice, and ask him all your questions!
*Possibility to adapt the visit “à la carte” according to the age of the children and pedagogical needs.
In collaboration with the Jeunesses Musicales du Brabant Wallon and with the support of the Province of Brabant Wallon
Groups limited to 240 students. 3rd nursery school and primary school classes.
Ask for the brochure for the secondary program!
Price: 7€/pers – free accompanying adults
The price includes:
the entrance, the film, the visit, and the concert
Snack price (optional): 6€/pers
Check the leaflet for the dates available
Info & Reservations: Johanna Filée
+32 2 352 01 17
Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel
445 Chaussée de Tervuren
1410 Waterloo – Belgium
GPS address: Chemin de la Chapelle Musicale – Waterloo