MuCH Season Design Contest
The Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel invites visual artists from all around the world to participate in our MuCH Season – Design Contest which purpose is to promote the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel 21/22 Season with an impactful artwork that will inspire our audience.
The winner will benefit from wide visibility in Belgium and Europe and will be granted the sum of 500 euros. In addition, the winner will be rewarded with a certificate and an invitation to our 21/22 Season Opening Concert (Belgium only).
Deadline: Sunday, July 25th, 2021, 23:59 – Brussels time (UTC+2)
Artwork must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Name, last name, age, country, & ‘Artist Statement’ (more info below)
Winner announcement: July 30th, 2021.
- Theme: The Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel – For inspiration visit: https://musicchapel.org/en/timeline/
- 1. Main elements: Landscape
- Each candidate is allowed to submit up to 3 artworks.
- Entries must include a brief written ‘Artist Statement’ in French, Dutch, Spanish or English (200 words maximum)explaining your inspiration and creative process in the context of the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel
- High-quality images are required.
The design should follow the specifications listed below:
- Square: 2000 (w) x 2000 (h) px, 300 dpi
- JPG, PDF or EPS format.
- The winning artwork will be used for prints, on social media and on websites.
- Artwork produced using the following techniques are eligible: Graphic design, illustration, photography, painting, typography, mixed media.
- Understanding the role of the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel as a cultural institution.
- Whether the message and theme are clearly and easily understood.
- Whether the art will be understood by a wide age range.
- Whether the art and message will prompt curiosity and discussion.
- Artistic excellence, originality and creativity.
Image and rights
The candidates authorize the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel to publish and communicate their image, surname, first name and any comments free of charge, for the duration of the contest, on any media, as part of promotional or communication actions relating to the contest. Candidates who do not wish this information to be accessible to the public will not be able to participate in the contest.
Intellectual property rights
- The candidate declares that he/she is the author of the artwork submitted for the contest. The candidate guarantees that the artwork is not inspired by a copy or the creation of a third party.
- The candidate declares and guarantees that he/she enjoys, on an exclusive basis, all rights of any kind (in particular intellectual property rights and possibly personality rights) that may be attached to the artwork.
- The candidate guarantees that its artwork does not infringe or violate any third party rights (in particular intellectual property rights and personality rights) and that its content complies with the laws and regulations in force.
By sending an artwork to the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel, each candidate:
- Authorises the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel in any event to reproduce, distribute and use the Illustration for the purposes of the contest, the selection and the jury vote. This authorisation is valid for the duration of the contest.
- If the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel wishes to use any element of the designs of the candidates not selected by the jury, it will contact the author for a further agreement.
The winner grants the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel the right:
- To reproduce, represent and distribute the design in its entirety or in extracts.
- To reproduce, represent and disseminate the design in its entirety or in extracts, by any suitable process known or unknown to date and without limitation as to quantity or number of broadcasts, on any other printed or electronic mediu
- In compliance with the moral rights of the author and in particular the right to authorship of the work, to adapt the design in its entirety or in extracts, the right to reproduce and represent these adaptations.
- To assign the above rights or to license them to third parties of its choice.
- This transfer is granted for the whole world, free of charge and for the duration of the copyright protection, as well as any possible extension.
- The Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel undertake to cite the winner as the author of the Illustrations.
The Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel reserves the right to declare the contest deserted if none of the artwork received complies with the evaluation criteria.