Créer l’instrument unique que représente chaque élève grâce à la technique vocale qui lui est enseignée”
José van Dam
! Some vacancies left in the voice section at the Music Chapel!
You are a young singer (max 30)
You finished your Master degree in singing, or you have the equivalent level
You are striving to build-improve-deepen your repertoire with world renowned professors and coaches adapted to your personal path
You look for professional experiences
then apply to the Music Chapel, International Opera training centre
send a DVD with 2 pieces at your choice before 18/05/2014
Audition 26/05/2014 at La Monnaie, Brussels
Auditions: – DEADLINE for the DVD preselection: 18.05.2014
application form – Voice – Required Program
La Monnaie and the Music Chapel have set up an Opera training center in Brussels, in order to prepare the most promising young singers for a career as an opera singer. Collaboration with La Monnaie – enoa (European network of Opera Academies) – Concerts with orchestra – Voice professors and coaches.
10 singers, selected after entrance examination, will receive vocal, physical, mental, language and stage training.
This is not a School. This is an experience !
A unique place
The Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel consists of developing an artistic project set out to train young musical talents, and represents the only music institution to advance along those six concepts :
1. High-level training : our young musicians benefit from an individually-tailored instruction, that allow them to improve their skills with a master, thanks to a system of companionship. The Chapel has the support of six masters, in five categories : piano, violin, cello, chamber music, and voice.
2. On stage : The Chapel also gives students the opportunity to perform on stage through a particularly extensive program of concerts and recitals . We organize 250 concerts each year that we produce or co-produce. We understand the need to perform on stage to get used to facing audiences at various levels, helping them to launch a professional career.
3. Career development : The Music Chapel bolsters the importance to support its students through the beginning of their career, helping them make a name for themselves.
4. Personal development : is important for the Chapel to also take the shaping of the musicians’ artistic personality into consideration, developing their physical and emotional health care needs. To achieve that, we collaborate with different projects :
5. Residency : Our young soloists are residents at the Chapel, all year long. After auditioning, we welcome 50 young artists, from 20 different nationalities. This allows them to be well framed by prestigious musicians, and to play 14 hours a day, in a warm and musical atmosphere.
6. Equinox, asbl : creation and development of children’s choirs, with children for deprived neighborhoods, or from poor, isolated overseas regions. Maria Joao Pires‘ goal is to allow these children to express themselves and to stimulate their artistic sensibilities through music.
Auditions at the Music Chapel : selected candidates only : 03/04/2014