Looking for a place to improve your musical skills ? Wishing to build up your career ? The Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel is open to pianists of all nationalities. Audition now!
Pre-selection : Deadline 31.07.2016
Pre-Selection DVD (audio-visual) materials 30 minutes max:
All required Pre-Selection materials must be uploaded via an internet link such as YouTube.
- 1 piece from 18th Century
- 1 piece from 19th Century
- 1 piece from 20th Century
+ excerpt explaining your motivations
“We would prefer the candidates to play 3 selections: one each from the 18th, 19 th and 20th century . If you do not want to select those periods from the history of music , you are free to do so but we believe you might restrain your chances to be selected. We are able to take only 6 candidates. EVERYBODY must submit also a small excerpt talking (3 to 5 minutes) explaining why they want to participate in this class, what their expectations are, and if they submit a different choice of repertoire , the reason for doing so.” – Louis Lortie
The application package for the Pre-Selection must include the following documents:
- Application Form correctly filled in and in word or pdf format (NOT a photo or scan copy)
- Links to your audio-visual recording
- Copy of passport
- Copy of the proof of payment of 50€ for Pre-Selection
Application must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Audition: Deadline 20.09.2016
Live Audition at the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel (Waterloo, Belgium) for the selected candidates only.
Repertoire requirements: Preferably the same program as in your pre-selection video
- The audition is open to musicians of any nationality.
- Age limit: 27 years old or under on the day of the Audition
- 50€ for DVD Pre-Selection (all candidates)
- 50€ for Live Audition (to be paid before the Live Audition for the selected candidates)
Account name: Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel
IBAN: BE64 3100 1847 5152 – BIC: BBRUBEBB – Account number: 310-0184751-52
ING Banque – Avenue Marnix 24 – 1000 Bruxelles