MuCH For Us is the new label of the promising 2017-18 season. A place of training, dissemination and creation, the Chapel is seeking, with #MuCHforUs, to make room for the young soloists in residence and to concentrate more than ever on their accompaniment, the core of the Chapel’s project.
Highlights of 2017-18:
MuCH Music Season 3: @Music Chapel, Studio Haas-Teichen
The series of programs continue in four series
- Laboratory: the heart of the Chapel’s activity, its hive, the concerts of its young soloists in residence and the masterclasses and workshops of the masters and guest masters.
- Discovery: concerts devoted to musical discoveries intended for all ages.
- Guest: guest artists, sometimes with our residents: Lorenzo Gatto, Marc Grauwels, Maria Milstein, David Kadouch, Tatiana Samouil, Roberto Diaz & the Amelia Piano Trio, Michael Guttman, the Alfama Quartet …
- Prestige: leading names throughout the season: Eric Le Sage, Abdel Rahman El Bacha, Augustin Dumay, Louis Lortie, Frank Braley, Gérard Caussé, Miguel da Silva, Roby Lakatos, Piotr Anderszcewski, Eckart Runge, Marc Ysaÿe …
After a performance of The (little) Magic Flute on 9 and 11 September 2017, the MuCH Music Season will begin officially during the week of 1 October 2017 with three opening concerts.
Music Chapel Festival “Duo” @Flagey
The 8th edition of the Music Chapel Festival, in partnership with Flagey, will take place from 6 until 10 December 2017 and is devoted to the repertoire’s great “duos”, the perfect illustration of two principles that are dear to the Music Chapel, the act of sharing the stage and the transmission of knowledge. Renaud Capuçon, Frank Braley, Carmignola, Gary Hoffman, Miguel da Silva, Augustin Dumay, José van Dam, Avo Kouyoumdjian, Pietro Pizzutti, Roby Lakatos, Julien Libeer, Lorenzo Gatto, etc….
Music Chapel Gala Concert @BOZAR
The annual Gala Concert of the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel will take place on 23 March 2018. It will be the opportunity to present officially a new “Guest Master in Residence”, the French mezzo-soprano Sophie Koch who, since the 2016-17 season, has accompanied the work of the young singers with José van Dam and his team.
NEW Music Chapel CD Collection Release Sept 2017
- Reicha Project with Palazzetto Bru Zane
The fruitful partnership between the Alpha label, the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel and the Palazzetto Bru Zane continues with this set of chamber music by Anton Reicha, performed by the musicians of the Chapel, young talents of an exceptionally high standard, ready and willing to take up the challenge of this music.
- Dvorak Project :
Following a first recording devoted to Dvořák’s Dumky Trio and Trio no.3, Omri Epstein, Mathieu van Bellen and Ori Epstein are joined by one of their teacher at the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel, the violist Miguel da Silva, a founder member of the famous Quatuor Ysaÿe. Together they pursue this series of the Czech composer’s complete chamber music with piano: there is an obvious close rapport between the musicians, who share with us their passion for this repertory and their pleasure in playing together
More info in our media room here: http://musicchapel.org/media-kits/